Monday, February 15, 2010

First Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing DS Footage!



While I generally don't cover DS releases (as I don't own one), I thought this warranted a post. I was on board for the XBOX 360 version of Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, and wrote off the DS version as a cheap alternative. But the footage above shows that Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing will look awfully pretty on the DS. As a bonus, all the Sega tunes will be given a synthesized midi makeover! I cannot wait to hear "Can You Feel The Sunshine" in a retro blippy-bloopy format.

4 comments:

  1. God dam that does actually look pretty nice. Oddily enough it looks faster (or maybe smoother?) than the footage I've seen of the console versions so far, plus the remixed music is actually better! Looks like I'm gonna be double dipping on this one, PS3 and DS for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised! It has sort of a Sonic Drift feel when in the handheld format. Plus, as mentioned, that midi music... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Barry:

    I'm an Argentinian avid reader of the Nomad Junkyard. Congrats on the site. I should have probably posted this comment somwhere else but seeing this post hasn't caught much attention it seemed convenient.

    I'd like to draw your attention to a Genesis-related discovery I've recently made. It seems that the artist for one of the 90's edition of the packaging of a widely popular Argentinian Cocoa powder ( called Toddy ) left a sort of easter egg in one of his drawings. The artist draw a roller blading girl wearing what at first sight appears to be a walkman. However upon closer inspection we find it's actually a shrunk Genesis Model 1 ! I know it's not a huge deal but I don't think anyone ever cared to notice!

    Evidence in my blog: http://firtermish.wordpress.com/2010/02/16/sega-megadrivegenesis-en-un-envase-de-toddy/

    Thanks for reading and hope you keep on improving the already awesome nomad junkyard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi firtermish! Thanks for the kind comments and for following the blog!

    Very cool find there, I'll have to follow your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete