Well, the Dreamcast can't really be blamed, as this game hit the iPhone well before I owned one and began the Nomad Junkyard. Released to the Apple App Store on July 17th, 2008, Vay is an adaptation of the 1994 Sega CD game. I say adaptation as the game isn't a direct port. Menus use the iPhone interface, and battles feature updated sprites. Despite some updates, character and world graphics are retained as well are the animated cutscenes (oooh!).
The developer, SoMoGa, lists the following features:
- User selectable difficulty makes this title great for both beginners and RPG veterans
- Compelling and engrossing story
- Nearly ten minutes of animated cutscenes
- Auto-save feature allows you to play in small increments
- Over 100 enemies and a dozen challenging bosses
- Over 90 expansive areas to explore